How do you eat?Do you know you have to eat the proper food in the desired amount before complements during fasting with nutrients, amino acids?In fact, you can’t just break a fast. You have to go in certain ways… And that way and give your digestive system the time to adapt to food again, etc.Do you know the problem?Fasting appears hard, strenuous and even strict. And it is not. If you engage yourself in intermittent fasting now, for instance, with a 16 to 24 hours fast, you don’t really need to worry.From my experience, I broke my fast 24 hours fast with 5 beers, bread, and sausages. It was stupid of course, but what I mean to say is: there is no great health risk from doing that occasionally.Although, we need to understand breaking 24 hours fast shouldn’t become complicated. When you eat once a day, you need to get one good, healthy, and nutritious meal. With meat, carbs, vegetables, etc. You shouldn’t break your fast every day with junk foods.
Best Foods To Break A Fast
1. Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar.Some people got to realize that taking between 1 and 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar stirred with water can sustain fasting. We also covered what we mean by Apple Cider Vinegar. You can eat this supplement as you fast too.I love the ACV because it balances alkaline PH levels. Most of the times, we’re extremely acidic than alkaline, because of alcohol, bad diet, etc. ACV could be acidic, but when consumed it actually turns alkaline.Also, it kills off bad bacteria gut since it has the ability to store fungal and bacterial overgrowthAlso, it moderates blood sugar whereby the insulin levels influences and makes you feel fuller combined with eating.You may have already gone through articles on ACV and you might ponder on why I emphasize it as a food to break a fast? Since Apple cider vinegar is actually free of calories, it doesn’t create an insulin response and thus doesn’t break a fast.ACV is preventive. You can take a few tablespoons diluted in water during your fast, but I would recommend you to take some before breaking your fast. This way you’ll have two added benefits before your forthcoming meal:Measurements
- 10 to 12 oz water
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt
- The juice of 1 whole lime or 2 tablespoons of bottled lime juice
- Possible to add stevia to taste
CautionI can say, that ACV smells strong, to the first few sips might be hard. But overall, I really like it and it’s a big change of taste from coffee, tea, and water you usually drink on fasting. Also, all the added benefits are great.The reason why I say this is if you’re not a fan of the taste but still want to get the benefits of apple cider vinegar, you can also check out these apple cider vinegar capsules (with added salt and added MCT Oil for improved consumption). (Fasting Break )Watch Video how to use Apple Cider For Fasting Break
2.Bone broth For Fasting BreakBone broths actually taste awesome, and that’s why! Asides from my own personal taste, bone broth is excellent after a fast since it has lots of electrolytes.You’ll find magnesium, potassium, calcium, and sodium in bone broths since one of the main challenges when fasting is mineral depletion. Your gut’s been cleaned by the fast, drinking bone broth will help use the nutrients from the broth and the food you’ll eat afterwards.Bone broth is rich in collagen and will help you keep healthy bones, teeth, and nails. Then it’s rich in glycine which might help with sleep quality.In as much as intermittent fasting and Keto are known to disturb sleep, that can become handy, as it has several amino acids that are anti-inflammatory.
3. Spinach, kale To Break FastingDon’t be deceived. You may see Spinach as an easy one. Well, it is. But when fasting, you might be depleted of some nutrients and vitamins. Kale and spinach are full of them, including:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin K
4. Eggs For Fasting BreakEggs are great for breaking a fast. To get lots of proteins with a little food measure, break with eggs. Taking eggs is great when breaking a fast. Because the protein will prevent muscle loss. When you exercise during the fast, which on your body in the first place, shouldn’t have too much of an impact, eggs are leucine-rich. Leucine is one of the amino acid responsible for muscle growth. Eggs are easy to digest, low in calories, protein-rich and a massive way to cut appetite with a small amount of food. Especially when you take eggs that are boiled.
5. Advertisement Nuts, chia seeds To Break FastingI should have included almond, helm seeds, and pecan to this list. You’ll be deprived of nutrients. But eating vitamin-rich food such as nuts and seeds is a massive way to restore nutrient balance.For instance, chia seeds contain manganese, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, calcium, selenium, and iron.Seeds are rich in good healthy fat, proteins, and fibres.
6. FishWhen you are set to decide what to eat for the first meal, if you want to thread things lightly, you could attempt getting a fish broth instead of fish meat.And taking fish for your first meal wouldn’t be too much of a challenge. It won’t be hard on your digestive system and fish is a great source of protein.
7. Broccoli and CauliflowerWould you agree with me that Broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts are all cruciferous vegetables? And they’re actually rich in fibre, nutrients, and vitamins?Because with fish, I would tell that you eat them mixed or cooked. Hence, of all the cruciferous vegetables, I would recommend you to mainly eat broccoli, which is the most digestible one.Also, cruciferous vegetables are loaded with full minerals and vitamins, including vitamin C, K, B2, B9, A, B5, B6, iron, magnesium, manganese, etc.
8: Watermelon To Break FastingAt first, allow me to confess that I do not take many fruits when I’m ready to break my fasts. Although I love fruits, they’re composed of fructose. Although, when you break your fast with fruit, your body will actually break down the fructose to replenish your glycogen stores, since they’ve been emptied by the fast, it’s still not the most effective source of energy.That being said, while I would recommend when eating fruit to get something that’s also rich in fibre, just as an apple, watermelon shall be a massive way to break a long fast with semi-solid food.Watermelon is actually more than 91% of water. Therefore, making it simple to eat and digest and it could be a wonderful way to systematically start to eat again.
9. Banana To Break FastingAs earlier said, the fruit may not necessarily be the best way to break a fast, due to the fact of how fructose is metabolized in our body. But after some reading, I can say that banana could be a good food to break a fast.Banana is nutritious in good healthy carbs to help you out of ketosis the right way. It is as well rich in fibre. Some of them like butyrate might actually be good for your gut bacteria and it includes several vitamins and minerals like potassium, vitamin B6 and vitaminSince it’s high in carbohydrates and pretty high sugar, bananas would help to increase blood sugar levels after a long fast, especially if you’re feeling down or tired from ketosis.
10. Unsweetened Yogurt, Sauerkraut, and KimchiDo you know that fermented foods are awesome for your gut bacteria? After fasting for a few days, eating fermented foods will help your digestive tract in repopulation with good bacteria and enzymes that it was stripped off from the fast.Asides from this, it’ll also make it easier for you to digest food particles. Thanks to these probiotics. Preferably, you can start with fermented kale such as Kimchi or sauerkraut. If you opt for Kimchi, don’t make it too spicy. It could upset your stomach.You can also wait until you feel ready for dairy before eating yoghurt.
11. Avocado For Fasting BreakAvocado is popular to be the world’s fattiest fruit and, which is great for breaking a fast.It is not strange, because Avocado is really low in calories, but nutritious in healthy omega-6 and omega-3 fat. Avocado is full of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins including:
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C